On the 5th of March 2016, I took a trip over to Merseyside to explore some bus routes around the county.
I called at Wigan, Ashton-upon-Mersey, St Helens, Liverpool Airport, Liverpool, Runcorn, Warrington and Wigan.
This article will detail all the routes taken and some highlight of places I have visited, Places to feature are Wigan and Liverpool Airport.
The trip out was long but fun at the same trip and that is the whole aim of my days outs, Is to try and see new things by exploring on the safest method of trans port buses.
I share my trips so you can go and a visits places I have visited.
- Train | Manchester Victoria – Wigan Wallgate
- Bus 607 | Wigan Bus Station – Ashton-upon-Mersey town centre
- Bus 320 | Ashton-upon-Mersey town centre – St Helens Bus Station
- Bus 89 | St Helens Bus Station – Liverpool John Lennon Airport
- Bus 500 | Liverpool John Lennon Airport – Liverpool One Bus Station
- Bus X1 | Liverpool One Bus Station – Runcorn Bus Station
- Bus 110 | Runcorn Bus Station – Warrington Interchange
- Bus 360 | Warrington Interchange – Wigan Bus Station
- Bus 33 | Wigan Bus Station – Manchester Piccadilly
- Bus 81A | Manchester Piccadilly – Home
Wigan, Manchester, England
Wigan is home of the pies and great nights outs, it’s has a great transport network with 2 railways station and a bus stations linking you with Merseyside and Lancashire.
Liverpool John Lennon Airport, Speke, Merseyside, England
Is an international airport serving North West England. On the outbreak of World War II, the airport was operated by the RAF and known as RAF Speke. The airport is within the City of Liverpool on the banks of the estuary of the River Mersey some 6.5 nautical miles (12.0 km; 7.5 mi) south east of the city centre. The airport is named after Liverpudlian musician John Lennon of The Beatles. Scheduled domestic and European services are operated from the airport.
It home to a big milestone in my life too, on this trip I stepped inside an airport for the first time in my autistic life journey and it was a great sense of achievement.
I’m currently in the process of arranging a tour of the airport n the near feature.
Read the article “Flying high with the Beatles”
That’s all today flyers and travellers, I hoped enjoyed my little exciting trip over the Mersey.
© Autism Life 2016